[Debichem-devel] [gromacs] proposed debian/rules changes (patch)

Nicholas Breen nbreen at ofb.net
Mon Feb 11 20:26:17 UTC 2008

On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 02:07:00AM +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Hi Nicholas,
>
> As I told you on IRC I startet a rewrite of the gromacs debian/rules
> file in order to achieve an easier file and some better readability. The
> (tested) result is attached. I checked, that the new rules file creates
> the same package result and runs in pbuilder.
>
> The attached patch contains the proposed changes as well as a changelog
> entry, which explains the major changes. Please test it and send me your
> comments (I know, you also have some other targets atm, so don't hurry).
> And of course: Feel free to re-add any comments I maybe removed :)

Thanks again.  One thing I did partially revert after our conversation
on IRC the other day was the separate build-* targets for each MPI
flavor - having those available individually is a substantial time-saver
when working on bugs related to the MPI implementations and how they
interact with each other, and unfortunately that's very much an ongoing
issue.  Using your single target for configuration makes each one of the
build-* targets much shorter, so I think it's a good balance between
readability and maintainer convenience.

I'll commit my working copy after testing these last changes.  The
packages needs a rebuild soon no matter what, due to package name
transitions for both mpich and lam-mpi; I hope we'll be able to get it
uploaded early this week.

- Nicholas