[Debichem-devel] Build-dependency for rasmol: cbflib

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Mon Mar 31 15:09:01 UTC 2008

Am Montag, den 31.03.2008, 15:42 +0200 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Daniel Leidert wrote:

[..]
> > Thus I'm not for
> > standardizing on quilt as long as quilt cannot handle this approach.
>
> Huh - why not?  We are using quilt in several packages in Debian-Med
> _because_ it can.  I just find the usage more convenient than dpatch
> but both have very similar functionality.

How does it fit? I'm pretty sure, I got no response from the debian-med
team in the debian-devel discussion related to this topic (it was a
meta-thread). Do you use svn-do or do you symlink the debian/-directory
to an unpacked source? IIRC these were the workarounds suggested at
debian-devel. If there is some easier way, I would *really* appreciate
to get to know it :)

[..]
> > Debian package maintainers must be free to use the tools and workflow
> > that fit best for them.
>
> Yep.  But this freedom is not restricted if I try to make suggestions
> how I think working together in a group might be enhanced.

FACK

> It is everybodys freedom to ignore such a suggestion.

Of course :) I hope, you did not misunderstand my comment.

Regards, Daniel