[Debichem-devel] Build-dependency for rasmol: cbflib

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Mon Mar 31 13:42:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Daniel Leidert wrote:

> I speak about an exception. I personally work perfectly with the
> debian/-only approach and I also voted for being able to use this
> approach with future packaging formats at debian-devel.

Fine.

> Thus I'm not for
> standardizing on quilt as long as quilt cannot handle this approach.

Huh - why not?  We are using quilt in several packages in Debian-Med
_because_ it can.  I just find the usage more convenient than dpatch
but both have very similar functionality.

> Yes it does. But Teemu is not some kind of inactive maintainer. He is
> working actively on rasmol, so I don't think, one can force him to use
> the debian/-only approach instead of his normal workflow.

Yep.  I agree here and I hope that my mails were not interpreted
the other way around.

> Debian package maintainers must be free to use the tools and workflow
> that fit best for them.

Yep.  But this freedom is not restricted if I try to make suggestions
how I think working together in a group might be enhanced.  It is
everybodys freedom to ignore such a suggestion.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de