[Debichem-devel] Science VCS at alioth (Was: Science linguistics and debian-science SVN repository at alioth)

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at inria.fr
Fri May 16 21:55:56 UTC 2008

> Could you guys please create an external reference in the debian-science
> SVN repository pointing to the debichem SVN repository?
>
> See http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch07s03.html or
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-scicomp-devel/2008-May/002645.html, where I explained this for creating categories without moving stuff around.
>
> So you can also "link" to the pkg-scicomp-group and other related SVN
> repositories without forcing the users to read READMEs :) Seriously, you
> should of course leave the READMEs to explain, that users check out
> external repositories and cannot commit.
Good idea, I updated the repository with these external def.
But I didn't do it for scicomp because it is dispatch into different
categories (maths, maths-dev & physics).

> BTW: Sylvestre, I wanted to know, if you would like to put v-sim under
> the debichem hat, as it seems to be chemistry related. You should be
> able to still work on it when we simply add you to the debichem group.
> If you are interested, please tell me and Michael should then decide (he
> administers debichem).
At first, I planned to leave it into debian-science in order to create a
dynamic. However, it seems that it won't be needed since it is starting
pretty fast. I asked to rejoin the debichem group, I will move v-sim
when I will be accepted.

Sylvestre