[Debichem-devel] Avogadro 0.9.3 and python extension

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Tue Apr 7 22:23:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 12:49:29PM -0700, Jordan Mantha wrote:
> He said that we can run: make python-module and it should work. We
> just need to change the python version in the CMakeCache.txt. We could
> just sed that or perhaps we could rerun cmake, I'm not sure.

First off, it should be noted that the python stuff in avogadro is (so
far) not used by 3rd party software, so it is not exactly a python
module in the general sense and maybe just supporting the current
pythong version (and living with binNMUs when that one revs) might be
fine.

If that is not possible, I'd opt for patching the FindPythonLibs.cmake
module to alternatively use some environment variable instead of the
hard-coded version order.

I did not look into how feasable that is, though, and whether that way
it is possible to evade building avogadro twice.

As avogadro is currently using CDBS, messing around with CMakeCache or
building things twice is not trivial in any case, I'm afraid.

Michael