[Debichem-devel] Cron <dleidert-guest at alioth> $PERL5LIB/pet -c $QA_BASE/debichem/PET/pet.conf --showall

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Sun Apr 19 09:41:06 UTC 2009

Am Samstag, den 18.04.2009, 17:29 -0700 schrieb Jordan Mantha:
> On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Cron Daemon <root at alioth.debian.org> wrote:
>
> I had a few random thoughts as I was reading through this week's email.
>
> > gdis: molecular display
[..]
> >    + Bug #233353 - Inefficient packaging of arch independent data in package gdis
>
> Is there something we can do here?

The package should simply be split. This should be done in Experimental
to not block gdis in Sid.

> > pymol: Molecular Graphics System
[..]
> Where does the tarball for this come from? I couldn't find a 1.1 tag
> in SVN.

I've asked Warren Delano last year or so to tag releases (again) and he
did so. Unfortunately he missed to do that for the 1.1 release. I will
ask him again. If he refuses tagging, we can drop the watch file.

>  Do we use a registration-enabled download?

One can checkout a specific revision from the subversion archive. No
need for this.

> > xdrawchem: Chemical structures and reactions editor
[..]
> The last release was in 2005. The last email to either the announce or
> users list was in 2006. Should we at some point think about getting
> rid of xdrawchem?

Back in these days Bryan Herger AFAIR started a new job. The development
of xdrawchem then got stalled. We can try to contact him and ask him
about the future of xdrawchem. It's also a possibility to contact the
fd.o distributions list to ask the package maintainers of other
distributions how to proceed. xdrawchem is still the only QT-based
structure editor.

Regards, Daniel