[Debichem-devel] DRAWxtl 5.4 for NEW

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Sat Aug 29 14:28:59 UTC 2009

Hi everybody,

A Debian package for DRAWxtl is ready for some time now:

http://debian.wgdd.de/debian/incoming/packages/debichem/drawxtl_5.4+dfsg-1.dsc

Michael, you told me, that when you try to open a .str file, you receive
an error window saying "Cannot open structure file !". Correct?

There is a preference item: File > Configure > Misc > Load most
recently ...

The last opened file is saved together with the workpath in
HOME/.drawxtlrc. If the workpath or the file disappeared, then you get
the above error. But this is not a bug (and when you reported this, you
were not able to delete .drawxtl because of the segfault).

I cannot reproduce this behaviour by opening a .str file. Is this still
reproducible for you? If yes, please add something like:

printf("%s\n", strerror(errno));

to Process_Inp() in CrystalView.cxx to get some more information about
the problem.

Any objections against uploading this package?

Regards, Daniel