[Debichem-devel] DRAWxtl 5.4 for NEW

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sat Aug 29 15:54:11 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 04:28:59PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Michael, you told me, that when you try to open a .str file, you receive
> an error window saying "Cannot open structure file !". Correct?

Yeah.

I tried again now, and I think I now know what the problem is:

I can open .str files fine from the drawxtl source-tree examples under
my home directory.  However, when I try to open one of the .str files in
/usr/share/doc/drawxtl/examples, I get the above error.  It looks like
drawxtl insists on having write access to the file and/or directory it
opens, which I think is not appropriate.

Anyway, I do not have objections uploading it, the above can be fixed
(if it turns out to be indeed a bug) later on.

Michael