[Debichem-devel] gnome-chemistry-utils in Ubuntu

Jordan Mantha laserjock at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 3 18:07:34 UTC 2010

Hey guys,

I was looking at getting gnome-chemistry-utils 0.10.12-1 into Ubuntu
(in 9.10 via Debichem PPA and into 10.04 proper). I was excited to see
the debhelper 7 stuff go in. However, I encountered a couple problems:
   - the DEB_VENDOR stuff didn't work. Michael figured this one out
and I've filed it
   - I needed to add a build dependency on rarian-compat to not have a
FTBFS for both 9.10 and 10.04. Is that something we can fix in Debian?

Otherwise, is g-c-u ready for an Ubuntu long term support release?

-Jordan