[Debichem-devel] gnome-chemistry-utils in Ubuntu

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Wed Mar 3 20:38:34 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 03.03.2010, 13:07 -0500 schrieb Jordan Mantha:

> I was looking at getting gnome-chemistry-utils 0.10.12-1 into Ubuntu
> (in 9.10 via Debichem PPA and into 10.04 proper). I was excited to see
> the debhelper 7 stuff go in. However, I encountered a couple problems:
>    - the DEB_VENDOR stuff didn't work. Michael figured this one out
> and I've filed it
>    - I needed to add a build dependency on rarian-compat to not have a
> FTBFS for both 9.10 and 10.04. Is that something we can fix in Debian?

Not from my point of view. For me it sounds like a package dependency
bug. Can you provide the build log? I cannot build it locally because of
the goffice version mismatch in Karmic.

> Otherwise, is g-c-u ready for an Ubuntu long term support release?

I don't know. You might ask Jean about this. I don't care about Ubuntu
and I don't know its quality rules for long term support.

Regards, Daniel