[Debichem-devel] RFS: cclib

Karol M. Langner karol.langner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 08:56:49 UTC 2011

Hi debichemers,

As you know I've been working on packaging cclib. Thanks for all the help
along the way!

I think now the package is basically ready, and so I need a sponsor to get
it uploaded. I just posted the package to mentors.debian.net, but I am
first writing to the debichem ML, where if I remember correctly Michael is
a DD and could sponsor cclib.

* Package name    : cclib
  Version         : 1.0.1-1
  Upstream Author : "Karol M. Langner" <karol.langner at gmail.com>
* URL             : cclib.sourceforge.net
* License         : LGPL v2.1
  Section         : science

cclib        - Parsers and algorithms for computational chemistry
python-cclib - Parsers and algorithms for computational chemistry

The package appears to be lintian clean (except for the ITP bug).

My motivation for maintaining this package is: cclib is used by a
number of people in the computational chemistry community and is being
actively developed with feedback from this community. I think that
inclusion in Debian will help extend the user base of cclib by making
it easier to install on Debian and derived distributions. It would also
help in one of our stated goals, namely to maximise interoperability
with other open source cheminformatic software libraries. Currently
cclib is already included in the package gausssum (older version).

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cclib/cclib_1.0.1-1.dsc

I would be glad if someone from debichem could upload it on my behalf!

Regards,
Karol

--
written by Karol M. Langner