[Debichem-devel] cclib_1.0.1-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Wed Apr 20 21:39:51 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 09:20:22PM +0000, Mark Hymers wrote:
> Dear Maintainer,
>
> The data in data/ADF/
>
> contains the following:
>
> """
> Scientific publications using ADF results must be properly referenced
> See the User Manuals (or the web site) for recommended citations
> The terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement apply to
> the use of ADF, http://www.scm.com/Sales/LicAgreement.html
> """

This is not a scientfic publication, just a Debian package.  A
scientific publication would be a peer-reviewed journal article or book
chapter.

> There is no reference to this EULA / license in debian/copyright and it's not
> DFSG free anyways; just for example:
>
> "4.1 This EULA grants you the right to use the Software for internal purposes
> only. Using Software for consulting services is explicitly forbidden."

ADF is not part of the package and is not being used during the package
building.

All we do is include ADF output for non-"scientific publication"
purposes, or to be precise, as part of the test suite.

If that is not allowed according to your opinion, I guess we will have
to remove those, pity.

Michael