[Debichem-devel] cclib_1.0.1-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Fri Apr 22 09:55:50 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 09:13:56PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 21.04.2011, 10:11 +0200 schrieb Karol M. Langner:
> > What else can be done? In the worst
> > case scenario, should I remove all tests from the package?
>
> Indeed.

Well, the question is whether just the ADF files are offending, or
whether ftp-master stopped looking there and after we've removed those,
complains about the next set.

> One alternative might be: Put these files into a separate source
> and binary package into non-free. Then let cclib build-depend on this
> package. Unfortunately a package in main must not (build-)depend on any
> package outside main (or unpackaged software). So you would have to put
> cclib in contrib.

I don't think that would be very helpful. AIUI, those files are not
strictly needed for building the package, just for validation?

In that case, suggesting the data package in non-free would be fine.

> IMO changing the EULA or removing these files is the best thing we can
> do.

As long as this is just about ADF, just removing those would be a good
compromise I think.

Michael