[Debichem-devel] cclib

Karol M. Langner karol.langner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 00:04:42 UTC 2011

Hi again,

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 03:44:23PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:24:44AM +0100, Karol M. Langner wrote:
> >  Shall I import it into unstable?
>
> Yes, that would be fine; just create a new directory for your package
> and add your current debian/ directory under it.  We copy that to
> tags/<package>/<version> after upload.

Done. I imported manually, since I haven't figured out how to use svn-buildpackage yet.

> >  It seems my old packages don't work correctly anymore. I've started from scratch,
> > and it's not working correctly. I suppose I should first import it and then
> > someone could help me with it.
>
> Sure, and once it's fine we'll upload it for you.

OK, I managed to get the packages built, but they are not tested. Here are
a few issues that I think need to be addressed first:
1) I am actually creating 3 packages now, cclib, cclib-data and python-cclib. The first
contains just two scripts (that go in /usr/bin I suppose), the second contains > 5MB
of log files we use in unittests, and the last is the actual Python module. Is this
the right way to go, or should it be organized differently?
2) I added the actuall unittests (a directory of .py scripts) to cclib-data, but
I suppose it should be copied to the module directory. I don't know how to do this.

> Are you a Debian Maintainer (DM) already?

Nope, therefore any comments about what else should be done are welcome.

- Karol

--
written by Karol Langner
Wed Mar 23 00:57:39 CET 2011