[Debichem-devel] jgromacs package seems useful

"Steffen Möller" steffen_moeller at gmx.de
Thu May 17 11:08:23 UTC 2012

Hello,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 17 May 2012 00:06:01 +0200
> Von: Michael Banck <mbanck at debian.org>

> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:50:50PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> take
> current
> this version?
> > > It was not updated since 2011 from what I understood. My student uses
> > > it. I think we should go ahead, stabilitywise.   I am notoriously bad
> > > with backports, otherwise I would not hesitate at all.
> >
> > Ok, if you have somebody using it without major issues I'd say it should
> > get included.
> >
> > One thing about README.source; I think if you do something fancy with
> > the original tarball, it would be best to supply a "get-orig-source"
> > script for the modifications.

Right. This is why I had time to address the packaging and you had not :o)

> > I take you based you packaging on "jgromacs_v1_src.tgz"?

Yes.

> > I just renamed the "source" directory inside the jgromacs tarball to
> > "jgromacs-1.0" here so far, and it build fine.
> >
> > You wrote you removed jama, I think it is fine to keep it even if it is
> > not used in the build.  Unless we have to remove it due to some
> > licensing issues, which I guess is not the case?

Hm. The debian/copyright file would need to be amended. IIRC correctly then my build instructions only take code from the jgromacs subfolder, i.e. the extra eyeballs on the Jama library remain established. That is the only bit that is important to me, really. Leave it in if you prefer, even though I had done that fancy GZIP=-9n while retaring.

> Oh, and I forgot to mention: should I set maintainer to Debichem and you
> (and maybe me if you don't mind) as Uploader?

Please go ahead.

Many thanks and regards,

Steffen