[Debichem-devel] Help needed to get rid of cody copy of libpwiz

Filippo Rusconi lopippo at debian.org
Mon Feb 10 20:50:28 UTC 2014

Greetings Andreas,

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 05:07:38PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

>I intend to package biceps[1] (ITP not yet filed) and have prepared some
>preliminary packaging prepared in the Debian Med Git repository[2].

Please, be kind enough to package that in debichem as it is really a
biological chemistry application (which I intended to package since I
discovered it some weeks ago while reviewing a paper that mentioned
it...). But I'm pleased that you started its packaging. Very nice to
have it in Debian.

>I noticed that it is carrying a code copy of libpwiz and I would like to
>raplace this by the Debian packaged version.  Unfortunately I'm not that
>familiar with cmake and strangely enough the biceps build system creates
>(at least) four static libraries out of the pwiz code copy with
>different names than we are using in libpwiz-dev.  I wonder whether you
>might have any helpful hints how I could use the Debian packaged
>libpwiz.

This is a large library. Please, make sure that all the code is
free. Proteowizard (the parent project) makes software of different
kinds: Free Software using Free Computing Stuff (TM) and Free Software
using proprietary stuff (dotNet, calls to proprietary MS-Windown
dlls...).

I'll give a look into there as soon as I have some time on my hands...

Cheers,
Filippo

--
Filippo Rusconi, PhD - public crypto key C78F687C @ pgp.mit.edu