[Debichem-devel] p4VASP packaging

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sat Jun 28 14:26:03 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 02:58:26PM +0200, Graham Inggs wrote:
> On 28 June 2014 14:48, Michael Banck <mbanck at debian.org> wrote:
> > Can you explain how the repackaged upstream tarball should be generated?
> > I couldn't find a recipe in debian/watch or the get-orig-source target
> > in debian/rules.  Sorry, I have to admit uscan/watch files aren't my
> > forte.
>
> The following line from d/copyright handles that:
> Files-Excluded: data/graphs/*.log doc/api/* ext/* odpdom/cODP.py
> src/cp4vasp_wrap.cpp src/cp4vasp.py */*.pyc
>
> It's a new feature in uscan [1].

Ah, thanks.

In the end the problem was that I had a (non-repacked) .orig lying
around already and didn't manage to summon the right combination of
options for uscan to repackage that (if that is possible at all).

Removing it lead to success (but I still had to rename it to add the +ds
manually, hrm).

> > Apart from that, the changelog still says UNRELEASED, do you want me to
> > update that (and the the timestamp) before uploading, or are you goingt
> > to update that yourself after review and before uploading?
>
> If you are happy to upload, please update the release and the
> timestamp in the changelog.

OK, I've uploaded it now.

Michael