[Debichem-devel] What about SVN to Git migration

Daniel Leidert dleidert at debian.org
Wed Sep 27 21:28:36 UTC 2017

Am Dienstag, den 26.09.2017, 13:51 +0200 schrieb Andreas Tille:

[..]
> Well, there is less than half a year left until SVN will be teared down
> if I understood right.  This somehow makes one Debian Med package per
> day (I have not counted - probably its not that worse but if I want to
> have some free days it comes close).

Can you please point out, where this has been announced?

[..]
> I would consider following
>
>     https://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#git-repository-structures
>
> since my Git workflow fits this.  There are other DebiChem packages
> following the same structure.

As I have already told Michael, git-buildpackage is not fitting my
needs [1,2]. Therefor I'm not using Git nor git-bp. And JFTR: I'm still
very happy with subversion :)

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=796816
[2] http://www.wgdd.de/2013/08/setting-up-network-buildd-with-pbuilder.html

Regards, Daniel