[Debichem-devel] Commits lost in openbabel repository on salsa

Daniel Leidert dleidert at debian.org
Fri Apr 6 17:41:54 UTC 2018

Am Freitag, den 06.04.2018, 18:39 +0300 schrieb Andrius Merkys:
> Dear Daniel,
>
> On 04/06/2018 01:57 PM, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > There isn't anything missing. The packaging of version 2.4 is in
> > the
> > 'experimental' branch. It wasn't a good idea to do the packaging of
> > this
> > version in the subversion unstable branch anyway. That's why I
> > split this
> > off during the svn->git transition. Please report to me, if you
> > find any
> > problem with this setup.
>
> many thanks for pointing it out – I have overlooked the
> 'experimental' branch of the repository. How can I transfer the
> packaging of 2.4 to the unstable now?

You cannot and should not. Openbabel 2.4 is in experimental, not in
unstable.

> Should I merge my packaging to master, or is there something more to
> do?

Merging the branch into master can only be done, if openbabel 2.4 is
uploaded to unstable. To do this, we actually need to make the
openbabel 2.3->2.4 transition:

https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-openbabel.html

AFAIK nobody has made the necessary steps yet to actually prepare and
do the transition, although some packaging has been done and put into
experimental.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions
https://wiki.debian.org/TransitionBestPractices

Michael IIRC was the last person working on openbabel. So he might
know, what needs to be done.

For the moment, if you are just going to work on openbabel 2.4, you can
work inside the experimental/2.4 branch.

Regards, Daniel