[Debichem-devel] Test

Stuart Prescott stuart at debian.org
Mon Apr 16 14:22:47 BST 2018

Hi,

> I propose we try to migrate debichem-devel to lists.debian.org, as
> debichem at lists.debian.org, at least for general development discussions.

I think that makes sense.

> The main question would be whether we should use that list as
> Maintainer: as well as that seems to be not very welcome according to
> e.g.  https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/AliothMigration . Probably it makes
> sense to keep using debichem-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org for that as
> long as possible, what do other think?

AIUI the listmaster's request is to not have lists that are *solely* for
automated emails from VCS or BTS emails. I don't think they have anything
against a discussion list that also receives BTS notifications and indeed
several other teams are doing exactly that. Using debichem at lists.d.o as a
maintainer would be just fine.

salsa.d.o and tracker.d.o make it very easy for any individual to subscribe to
any packages that they particularly care about to receive notifications of
merge requests, VCS commits, BTS changes or uploads. The team features of
tracker.d.o rapidly come close to dealing with all these features in a central
way for those who want to know about all packages. There's no need for commit
mailing lists any more and so pointing one to debichem at lists.d.o would be both
unwelcome and unnecessary.

cheers
Stuart

Stuart Prescott    http://www.nanonanonano.net/   stuart at nanonanonano.net
Debian Developer   http://www.debian.org/         stuart at debian.org
GPG fingerprint    90E2 D2C1 AD14 6A1B 7EBB 891D BBC1 7EBB 1396 F2F7