[Debichem-devel] Packaging of spglib

Alex Mestiashvili amestia at rsh2.donotuse.de
Wed Mar 28 21:26:52 UTC 2018

On 03/28/2018 08:46 AM, Andrius Merkys wrote:
> On 03/27/2018 08:02 PM, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
>> Not sure that I understand the question correctly.
>> I would expect that breaking changes in the minor versions are wrong by
>> design. But in general it is the maintainers decision which version to
>> support. If a new version introduces problems then it makes sense to
>> resolve the problems ( for example by talking to upstream) before
>> uploading the package.
>
> I agree. I have finished packaging spglib in
> https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/spglib (in science-team as the
> initial packaging had been done there by Yann Pouillon). Now I am
> looking for a sponsor for it.
>
> Best,
> Andrius

Hi Andrius,

I had a quick look on the package, and so far found these issues:
1. missing cmake in build-depends, package failed to build in chroot.
2. no python3 bindings, as far as I see spglib can be used with python3
too, but currently package is only build with python2.
3. lintian warnings, vcs-browser still pointing to anonscm, typos and so
on. You'll get a lot of interesting output if you run
 lintian -Iivc --pedantic spglib_1.10.3-1_amd64.changes

Hope that helps.
Best regards,
Alex