[Debichem-devel] managing armci-mpi upstream source

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Fri Apr 26 12:36:05 BST 2019

On 2019-04-26, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 11:31:51AM +0800, Drew Parsons wrote:
> > Hi Michael, since armci-mpi doesn't make official releases, we've had to
> > handled upstream source tarballs directly from the current upstream git
> > repo.
> Since you wrote "had to":

Literally so. Never mind that upstream doesn't have release tarballs,
they haven't even been using tags that we could refer to.

> There is the option to use git mode of uscan
> by having a watch file like this:
>

> version=4
> opts="mode=git,pretty=0.0+git%cd.%h" <URL_of_upstream_git> HEAD

Actually that will probably work quite nicely. Sensible to include the
git commit id as well as the date. The other nice thing is it will show
up in the uscan watch column even though upstream doesn't use tags or
release versions.

I'd use 0.0~git instead of 0.0+git since v0.0 isn't released yet.

Thanks Andreas,

Drew