[Debichem-devel] managing armci-mpi upstream source

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Fri Apr 26 05:39:48 BST 2019

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 11:31:51AM +0800, Drew Parsons wrote:
> Hi Michael, since armci-mpi doesn't make official releases, we've had to
> handled upstream source tarballs directly from the current upstream git
> repo.
>
> In the last version, 0.0~git20180917, I did this by pointing the upstream
> branch of our Debian salsa repo at the upstream git repo, then git fetch and
> merge from there.

Since you wrote "had to":  There is the option to use git mode of uscan
by having a watch file like this:

version=4
opts="mode=git,pretty=0.0+git%cd.%h" <URL_of_upstream_git> HEAD

which creates a tarball you can import into your packaging Git.
No idea whether you prefer this but I'm doing it in several packages
to avoid cloning upstream Git.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--