[Debichem-devel] disabling PeIGS in libglobalarrays-dev

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Wed Jan 8 04:22:25 GMT 2020

Hi Michael, the ga build has been missing symbols:

    ./.libs/libga.a(ga_diag.o): In function `gai_diag_std_':
    ga_diag.F:(.text+0xc65): undefined reference to `fmemreq_'
    ga_diag.F:(.text+0xecd): undefined reference to `pdspev_'

I raised the issue upstream at
https://github.com/GlobalArrays/ga/issues/154

Jeff explained that these are PeIGS symbols, provided by nwchem.  It
hasn't been causing problems in practice since nwchem is the only
program currently using GA.

Nevertheless Jeff and his upstream coauthors recommend disabling PeIGS
in GA to avoid the problem, especially since scalapack is available for
GA anyway.

You enabled PeIGS just in the previous Debian release, so I wanted to
let you comment. Should we go ahead and disable peigs, or keep it
enabled all the same?

Drew