[Debichem-devel] debichem, update suggest Jmol 2016 to a version of 2021

Daniel Leidert dleidert at debian.org
Fri Feb 19 17:06:34 GMT 2021

Am Freitag, dem 19.02.2021 um 10:23 +0000 schrieb Norwid Behrnd:

[updating Jmol]
> with dpkg -b, I was able to bring the content of Jmol 14.31.32 into a
> rudimentary .deb which allows me to install and eventually run the
> current version of Jmol in Debian bullseye / sid which earlier
> contained 'the old Jmol' by 2016.  Because of the above 'any help is
> welcome' and the size of the .deb (51 MB) in question, I would like to
> ask in advance if mirroring the current state e.g., on GitHub open to
> the public / accessible to you should this of interest for you.

We keep our packaging sources public and in Git:
https://salsa.debian.org/debichem-team/jmol

The tool we use is called git-buildpackage.

You can fork the repository and upload your work. If you need a quick
introduction into the tool, the workflow, and setting up a build environment,
we can certainly help you out.

Regards, Daniel
--
Regards,
Daniel Leidert <dleidert at debian.org> | https://www.wgdd.de/

If you like my work consider sponsoring me via
https://www.patreon.com/join/dleidert