[Debichem-devel] Avogadro2 unofficial Debian / Ubuntu packages?

Geoffrey Hutchison geoff.hutchison at gmail.com
Fri May 21 19:34:58 BST 2021

Hi Michael,

I hope you're doing well. I'm writing to ask about offering unofficial .deb packages for Avogadro2.

Users have been asking for different compile options (i.e., with MoleQueue enabled so they have the input generators). I'm working to remove the dependency, but that's a slower project.

I'd like to offer packages on our GitHub releases - but naturally I've never done any Debian packaging. So I'm writing to the experts.

Can you give me a quick primer, e.g.
- Download source package
- ..
- Compile
- Run dpkg-deb --build
- Upload amd64 .deb

If you have other suggestions to improve the packaging, please let me know!

Thanks and best regards,
-Geoff