[Debichem-devel] Bug#1148071: Bug#1148071: liblapackpp-dev: liblapackpp.a is not PIC, cannot be linked into shared libraries

Mark Gates mgates3 at icl.utk.edu
Thu Sep 24 16:56:32 BST 2026


On Thu, Sep 17, 2026 at 9:19 AM Michael Banck <mbanck at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2026 at 10:24:46AM -0700, Axel Huebl wrote:
> > Suggested fix: ship also the shared library, which is the upstream
> > default (upstream sets SOVERSION, i.e. liblapackpp.so.1 for
> > 2024.10.26).
>
> Well I thought about this when I initially packaged it, but upstream
> *did seem* to have strict library versioning guarantees when I looked at
> it, but maybe I was missing something?
>

Do you mean "did" or "did not" have strict library versioning?

LAPACK++ uses calendar versioning for releases, but its ABI version should
be strict semantic versioning. The ABI is 2.0.0 since the last release; see
this commit:

* 298ac33 2025-05-28 01:44 Mark Gates  Update ABI and Changelog

Mark
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/debichem-devel/attachments/20260924/6c2ff224/attachment.htm>


More information about the Debichem-devel mailing list