[Design-devel] Debian wiki: community icon

Paul Wise pabs at debian.org
Tue Apr 8 01:51:55 UTC 2014

Hi all,

The icon representing "community" on the Debian wiki is apparently
cultural appropriation, which some folks aren't happy about so we need a
replacement 32x32 icon that represents "community" in a different way.
This has been an issue for a long time but hasn't been resolved yet.
I'm hoping someone with icon design skills or knowledge of upstream icon
design communities could come up with something that is visually similar
to the other icons that we use on the front page of the Debian wiki.
Some related links:

https://bugs.debian.org/526613
https://wiki.debian.org/Portal/IDB?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=icon-community-32x32.png
https://wiki.debian.org/FrontPage