[Fingerforce-devel] thinkfinger status

Miguel Gea Milvaques xerakko at debian.org
Fri May 18 19:08:32 UTC 2007

Luca Capello wrote:
> Hi Miguel!
>
> On Mon, 07 May 2007 21:26:09 +0200, Miguel Gea Milvaques wrote:
>> No problem for upload it. When it's finished, please, ping me and
>> I'll see it immediatelly.
>
> Since Joshua hasn't replied yet, I'm going to prepare the "final"
> package during this week-end.
>
> What needs to be fixed:
>
> 1) the Maintainer: field contains Joshua and me (my fault, sorry) and
>    thus if we need to choose only one person, I'd say that the best
>    will be the fingerforce-devel mailing list [1].  This means that
>    Joshua and me (lcapello-guest) should be added to the FingerForce
>    project, too.  What do you think?

It's a good idea. Which user has Joshua on alioth? You have now acces to
  alioth svn. Please add yourselve to the fingerforce lists.

> 2) target unstable instead of experimental

Thinkfinger upstremam and me was been talking about big changes on
thinfinger pam module, so I think It will be better to upload now to
experimental, and if the changes aren't done in pam module, then upload
to unstable.

> 3) add debian/compat to overcome linda/lintian warnings about
>    DH_COMPAT in debian/rules
OK

> 4) add a note about the needed uinput module into
>    libpam-thinkfinger.README, because the upstream informations are in
>    the INSTALL file, which is not available in any Debian package
>    (I'll ask upstream to include the kernel requirements in the README
>    file instead of INSTALL, but IMHO this isn't a stopper)

I don't know the problem with uinput module...

> 5) manage the Debian package into the FingerForce SCM/space.  I use
>    darcs for my other Debian packages (Common Lisp software [2]), but
>    I'm open at any other SCM you prefer.  Moreover, since the package
>    will be maintained under the FingerForce umbrella, I think the best
>    will be to have it hosted on the FingerForce space.  Comments?

At this moment we have an svn. I recommend you to use svn-inject
(svn-buildpackage package) to upload it.