[Fingerforce-devel] thinkfinger status

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Mon May 21 12:03:27 UTC 2007

Hello!

Joshua: can you subscribe to the fingerforce-devel mailing list [1],
please?  IMHO we should discuss there about the thinkfinger package.

Timo: I hope you don't mind I cc:ed you, I dit it to also inform you

On Fri, 18 May 2007 21:08:32 +0200, Miguel Gea Milvaques wrote:
> Luca Capello wrote:
>> What needs to be fixed:
>>
>> 1) the Maintainer: field contains Joshua and me (my fault, sorry) and
>>    thus if we need to choose only one person, I'd say that the best
>>    will be the fingerforce-devel mailing list [1].  This means that
>>    Joshua and me (lcapello-guest) should be added to the FingerForce
>>    project, too.  What do you think?
>
> It's a good idea. Which user has Joshua on alioth?

It seems that Joshua doesn't have an alioth account yet.  Joshua, can
you create one and communicate it to Miguel, thus you'll be added to
the FingerForce project?

> You have now acces to alioth svn. Please add yourselve to the
> fingerforce lists.

Done and I moved the discussion there :-)

>> 2) target unstable instead of experimental
>
> Thinkfinger upstremam and me was been talking about big changes on
> thinfinger pam module, so I think It will be better to upload now to
> experimental, and if the changes aren't done in pam module, then upload
> to unstable.

I read your mail at [2]: do you have any estimate for the new module?
My only fear is that libpam-thinkfinger will stay in experimental for
a while, thus avoiding its wider use.

Moreover, because of that should the idea of an etch-backport be
reconsidered?

>> 4) add a note about the needed uinput module into
>>    libpam-thinkfinger.README, because the upstream informations are in
>>    the INSTALL file, which is not available in any Debian package
>>    (I'll ask upstream to include the kernel requirements in the README
>>    file instead of INSTALL, but IMHO this isn't a stopper)
>
> I don't know the problem with uinput module...

This is not really a problem, but just a requirement since 0.3 (and
anyway the uinput module is available in the etch 2.6.18 kernel).
Anyway, it's now solved in the Debian package, but I haven't found the
time yet to notify upstream.

>> 5) manage the Debian package into the FingerForce SCM/space.  I use
>>    darcs for my other Debian packages (Common Lisp software [2]), but
>>    I'm open at any other SCM you prefer.  Moreover, since the package
>>    will be maintained under the FingerForce umbrella, I think the best
>>    will be to have it hosted on the FingerForce space.  Comments?
>
> At this moment we have an svn. I recommend you to use svn-inject
> (svn-buildpackage package) to upload it.

OK, I'll privately work with Joshua about this issue.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes: