[Fingerforce-devel] [Thinkfinger-devel] ThinkFinger, Quo Vadis?

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Thu Nov 15 13:12:41 UTC 2007

Hi Timo,

nice to see you back on this project :-)

interesting for Debian as well.

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:36:59 +0100, Timo Hoenig wrote:
> Let me make some comments about the current situation and the future
> development.
>
> Currently,  ThinkFinger as a library to access the UPEK device is pretty
> much finished.  There is not much left to fix. Some still encounter the
> heating issue where I could not find a proper solution for.

FWIW, I use ThinkFinger since the beginning and the latest version with
Christian's and ssh patches is working fine on X60 with Debian sid.
FYI, the Debian Popularity Contest Statistics reports about 80
installation of the ThinkFinger packages I maintain [1] and since their
inclusion in Debian I haven't received any unknown bug.

> Having that said, I'll release a new version of ThinkFinger.  With this
> release I'll consider the project to be frozen.  Bug fixes will be
> accepted, but the project as is will be feature complete.

While I announced to upload ThinkFinger into unstable (and then testing,
so the next Debian release) [2][3], I haven't prepared it yet because of
the ssh issue Stephen reported on Ubuntu [4].  Have you planned to
include a fix also for this remaining issue?

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes:
[1] http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=thinkfinger