[Fingerforce-devel] ThinkFinger in unstable?

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Sat Sep 15 15:34:42 UTC 2007

Hi Miguel!

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 20:25:17 +0200, Miguel Gea Milvaques wrote:
> Luca Capello wrote:
>> Now that PAM-0.99 landed in unstable [7], I'm going to rebuilt the
>> experimental packages with the new PAM.  Thus, I propose to target
>> unstable instead of experimental, for different reasons.
[...]
> It has 41 installations in popcorn without any rc bug report (a lot
> of installations if we think it's in experimental!).

Thank you, I didn't think about popcon!

> I'm steel working in daemon pam and modules. It needs a lot of work
> and a lot of testing, so I think it will be enought madure for
> Lenny+1 (If Lenny release time is not too large).

Good to hear that the development of the new PAM and modules is still
going on.

> I agree now is time to let it enter unstable (testing and
> backports).  I'm sure it's going to have a lot of installations in
> unstable. It will be interesting to do a call for testing it to
> avoid problems.

OK, I prepared a new experimental version built with the latest PAM:
just committed the debian/changelog entry, after having tested package
compilation and installation work fine on a clean sid pbuilder.

As soon as it'll enter the archive, I'll send a mail to d-d asking for
(negative) feedbacks.  If I'll receive nothing in the next week, I'll
target to unstable.  So, as soon as it lands in testing, we'll have
the backport :-)

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca