[Fingerforce-devel] thinkfinger on dell xps m1330: works

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Mon Jan 21 00:34:27 UTC 2008

Hi Harald!

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 10:44:31 +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> I tried the thinkfinger packages on a dell xps m1330: Works for
> me. No reason to hide it in experimental.

First of all, thanks for your report.

Then, ThinkFinger is not hidden in experimental: it was uploaded there
because its development was in an early stage and now it's dead upstream
and soon to be replaced by fprint [1].  I'm sorry to admit that
ThinkFinger will "die" before having seen unstable.

This doesn't mean that ThinkFinger is unmaintained: a new version is
ready to be uploaded and solve bug #452178 [2].  Soon after fprint will
enter Debian [3], I'll provide a migration path from ThinkFinger to
fprint, thus actually declaring ThinkFinger a dummy package.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes:
[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=452178#10