[Fingerforce-devel] thinkfinger on dell xps m1330: works

Dererk dererk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 01:37:30 UTC 2008

Harald Dunkel escribió:
> Hi folks,
>
> I tried the thinkfinger packages on a dell xps m1330: Works for
> me. No reason to hide it in experimental.
>

> Regards
>
> Harri

Hi Harald!

Given the spectrum of hardware support the project involved, the
relation between ppl who had troubles with it and the ones who had not
were really really just a few.  Fprint works for, virtually, everyone.

What Daniel (who, btw, is the Fprint developer :-)) is that the software
is still in hard alpha develop and the current model is going to change
(soon?).
Anyway, putting it into experimental doesn't mean to hide it, it's a
""secure"" measure announcing that it kinda works but needs testing and
time to get going on.

Daniel, I think it's no plan of the team to include Fprint+Pam-fprint on
massive mayor branches as Testing nor Stable, of course.

Luca Capello escribió:

    Another plan could be to upload to experimental, wait a while (e.g. 1
    month) and if no important bug is reported, upload to unstable, but
    *only* with an RC bug to keep it outside testing until upstream author
    agrees.

I agree that's what we should do, if we do so asap.

Greetings,

Dererk

--
haggis at Phatt: ~$ grep -ir 'power in your hands' /proc/
/proc/version: Debian GNUine Perception

BOFH excuse #359
 YOU HAVE AN I/O ERROR -> Incompetent Operator error.