[Freedombox-discuss] Opinions on the Excito B3

Christian Brædstrup linuxchristian at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 15:07:44 UTC 2010

Hi Fancesco,

Your problem is one that I have been working on for this project. My current
plan is to create a Debian live-cd that starts a webserver. You then setup
the installation with your browser and launch the live-installer-launcher
with preseeds. That way the live system will create all the config files and
the debian-installer will run silent (no input needed from the user after
he/she presses install in there browser). The status on that right now is
that I have a working live-cd with a webserver, Zeroconf and the
debian-installer setup. I am having some trouble with launching the
live-installer-launcher (it gives a error and I can't find the problem) but
I have no time to work on it the last couple of weeks.

You could also try the full automated installer (FAI) project. There you
setup your system beforehand and the installer does everything (no input
needed). I think that is your best bet if you want to have something up and
running soon.

The hardware looks good but I have not had any experience with it. I would
think that it would run the system fine because it's already running a
version of debian as stock.

Cheers,
Christian