[Freedombox-discuss] purpose of this team

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Oct 2 09:54:21 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 11:26:31AM +0200, paxcoder wrote:
>On 10/01/2010 11:35 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>>On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 07:37:12PM +0200, Marc Hölscher wrote:
>>>I have some experience with C/C++ and am using Unix for 2 years now.

>>in my opinion we shouldn't be coding here, but piece together parts
>>already existing in Debian

>don't let us stop you from doing your thing if you can without the
>base. I don't expect say a university professor (I think we have one or
>two of those here) to write config files. If you can, you should, but
>if not your contributions will still be welcome to the project.
>Somebody will eventually step up and package them. In short, the
>project's goal is to get software run on the plug pc. If you're a
>writer of that software, I think you're just as a part of the project
>as a packager.

Sure!  Do what you want.  Think, talk, code, configure, compose
snapshots, test some pieces, whatever.

I did not mean to discourage *any* enthusiastic contribution.  On the
contrary I would want contributions to not "dry out" by lack of
momentum, so recommend to reuse existing teams elsewhere in Debian (and
other FLOSS places too, of course) as much as possible, instead of
expecting all brillant minds to be gathered here.

Regards,