[Freedombox-discuss] Dehierarchicalization (e.g. avoiding DNS) is imperative?

Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson bre at beanstalks-project.net
Thu Oct 7 11:44:54 UTC 2010

My two cents:

I like being part of the Internet. My interest in projects like this, is I
want to have a presence on-line which is under my direct control, and allows
me to communicate with friends, family and the rest of the world as I see
fit.

When, or if, we ever have a decentralized naming system supported by
standard infrastructure (like web browsers and e-mail), I'll be happy to use
it.

Until then, I want to use the domain names I already own, and it would be
nice if the FreedomBox could do that. :-P

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> Excellent.  You are not doing so yet, however: A hard time is what you give
> me when you support your claims with something more substantial - like
> references to emails where things was discussed/decided or perhaps a
> timestamp during the recording of one of Ebens talks when he declares what
> you claim he declares.

The talks I listened to (Freedom in the cloud and the Silver lining talk)
both explicitly mentioned using existing dynamic DNS services as part of
Eben's proposed solution.

--
Bjarni R. Einarsson
Founder, CEO and janitor of the Beanstalks Project.

http://beanstalks-project.net/  ~  http://bre.klaki.net/