[Freedombox-discuss] Introducing myself

Jonas Smedegaard js at debian.org
Fri Apr 8 21:40:20 UTC 2011

On 11-04-08 at 04:18pm, Charles N Wyble wrote:
> On 4/8/2011 11:47 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> >On 11-04-08 at 11:20am, Charles N Wyble wrote:
> >
> >>My data ownership wiki page is at
> >>http://wiki.knownelement.com/index.php?title=Data_Ownership<< This
> >>captures what I consider a 1.0 (data off the cloud onto
> >>programs/sites I control).
> >>
> >>I consider 1.5 being a Tahoe-lafs backup system and 2.0 being a
> >>multi site active/active architecture that's easy to setup. 3.0/3.5
> >>being increasingly amounts of security/encryption/anonymity bits.
> >>
> >>I"m actively working towards making these milestones happen and to
> >>ship completed technology platforms that others can do great things
> >>with!
> >Very _very_ cool!
> >

> *bows*. Thank you. The backups and active/active stuff aren't that
> cool in my opinion. Just documenting things and making them available
> on a large scale, easy to use basis. I'm just taking the work of
> others beyond the early adopter stage :)
>
> I think the security stuff will be pretty cool though. It's what I'm
> really excited about these days.

What I find cool is the list of things you've actually tried out
yourself.

I am quite interested in improving Debian packages to be installable
readily usable out of the box.  Experience like yours can potentially be
quite useful there.

How detailed do you have your setups documented?  Did you use Debian
packages, compiled everything yourself, or...?