[Freedombox-discuss] On small programs

Gianluca Moro giangiammy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 09:18:13 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

reading this thread I happened to think about Android.
This is just a quick glimpse, I did not evaluate this as
solution, but Android was born to run on reduced resources
hardware, so it has a dedicated low resources clib
(bionic) and an optimized Java machine.
As a matter of fact, in this project java could even not
be used.

The interesting thing is that such a solution, on a freedom box,
could be run on a mobile device:
- largely available
- usually with the needed hardware (even more)
- such a freedom box can be easily hidden, by leaving
  it on sight ... it's a common phone hardware :-)
- anyway there're dedicated developing and production
  board for android.

Just a (perhaps mad) idea :-)

giammy

--