[Freedombox-discuss] Fwd: Another freedombox talk to translate (Arthur Lutz - 27c3) (CC by-nc-nd doubts)

Arthur Lutz arthur.lutz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 13:47:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

As the speaker at this Lightning Talk, I am of course OK with extracting
this video, subtitles etc. I can even get the the slides from my archives
(they were missing a CC logo but are obviously CC).

Arthur Lutz

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 12:45 AM, Michiel de Jong <michiel at unhosted.org>wrote:

> The CCC has already replied, so no longer necessary:
>
> > As long as the speaker gives his OK, we do not object. If it is just the
> freedom box talk that you want to edit, go ahead. You may cut it, add
> beginning and ending, add translations to it, and release it under another
> license, as long as commercial use stays prohibited. I'd propose
> CC-BY-NC-SA.
> >
> > best,
> >
> > cpunkt
>
> The problem is that after that, Pablo was unreachable again. But the CCC's
> permission is right there.
>
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 8:53 PM, e.waelde <ew.ng7125 at nassur.net> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have asked someone being closer to ccc. answer:
>>
>> video and cuts are dealt with at
>>
>> http://www.fem.tu-ilmenau.de/index.php?id=33
>>
>> Resort Streaming
>>
>> http://streaming.fem.tu-ilmenau.de/portal/Hauptseite.wiki
>>
>> Unfortunately these pages are in German. The closest thing to
>> a contact may be this:
>>  info at fem.tu-ilmenau.de
>>
>> Good Luck,
>> Erich
>>

>> On 04/04/2011 04:45 AM, Pablo Castellano wrote:
>>
>>> I have tried to contact them by mail at ccc.de and debate at lists.ccc.de but
>>> none of them have worked. I haven't gotten any answer.
>>> If anybody has a direct contact with CCC, can he give a try?
>>>
>>> Here is the email I sent to them:
>>> ------
>>>
>>> Hello CCC crew.
>>>
>>> In the FreedomBox project[0] we are interested in editing one of your
>>> video talks. I'm particularly talking about the lightning talks day 2 in
>>> this latest CCC edition (27c3) [1].
>>> The video is available here [2].
>>>
>>> The problem that we face is that you have released this video with the
>>> CC by-NC-ND restrictive license, which doesn't allow us to do this.
>>> What we are asking permissions for and what we exactly want to do is:
>>> 1) Cut the video to have just the FreedomBox talk (6 minutes)
>>> 2) Edit it adding the beginning and ending of the original video (remix).

>>> http://events.ccc.de/congress/2010/wiki/Lightning_Talks#Day_2:_Saal_3