[Freedombox-discuss] Project plan?

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 15:01:25 UTC 2011

Anthony Callegaro wrote:
> I am trying to get some time to implement a Dropbox replacement

I think this is a great goal because it is fairly simple and
widely used.  For the same reasons, I would like to help
create a solution for email.

But, while the software is already available, what I see missing
is the ability to *host* these solutions in a shared way.

I understand FreedomBox is all about individualistic ownership
based in a very small device, and there are good reasons for some
of that, though I'm not so sure these Plug Computers are really
that different from a very low-end Personal Computer...

But even after we all have PC, there will still be value in
pooling some amount of hardware in a semi-centralized fashion
because of how the economy of scale can bring down costs and
simplify administration.

So my question becomes: Is there room on this list for the
discussion of sharing hardware and working-out the complexities
of co-ownership, or is that beyond the scope of what FreedomBox
is meant to cover?

Sincerely,
Patrick Anderson
Economic Systems Debugger