[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox Webserver

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 20:53:39 UTC 2011

On 2 August 2011 22:29, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

>> Of the two, isn't Apache httpd the only one that supports WebID
>> (currently)? I don't know of any WebID support in nginx.
>
> There are two implementations of WebID in Debian currently:
>
>  * libapache2-mod-authn-webid - Apache module written in C
>  * libcgi-auth-foaf-ssl-perl - CGI script library written in Perl

Apache has good support for WebID in that there are custom apache mods
developed by Tim BL's team at MIT that can do much of the heavy
lifting.

However any web server that can handle SSL and passes the results on
to the underlying script should theoretically work with WebID.  Apache
is by far the most tested tho..