[Freedombox-discuss] Distributed Naming BOF Questions

Joshua Spodek joshuaspodek at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 5 17:52:23 UTC 2011

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 16:53:52 -0500
> From: Charles N Wyble <charles at knownelement.com>
> To: freedombox-discuss at lists.alioth.debian.org
> Subject: Re: [Freedombox-discuss] Distributed Naming BOF Questions
>

> -Charles Wyble (who is about 40 hours away from releasing the
> FreedomNode reference implementation). Hope everyone else is hacking
> away....

40 hours from releasing an implementation is the best news I've heard
all day.

> On Mon, 2011-07-25 at 06:20 +0000,
> freedombox-discuss-request at lists.alioth.debian.org wrote:
> Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 17:42:47 -0500
> From: Charles N Wyble <charles at knownelement.com>
> To: freedombox-discuss at lists.alioth.debian.org
> Subject: Re: [Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox Conspiracy Theory

> FreedomBox is starting to turn into Hurd. This is why I've thrown my
> effort behind Byzantium/FreedomNode cause we are actually moving
> towards release at high speed.
> With no money, no high profile Free Software luminaries etc.

As someone who uses a ton of GNU software with a linux (not hurd)
kernel, I'm happy if things work and are GPL'ed or equivalent with no
software patents.

Let me know how I can help. I hope you'll post news of the release here.

Josh

--
Joshua Spodek
My blog: www.joshuaspodek.com