[Freedombox-discuss] report on activities in Banja Luka

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Tue Aug 9 21:32:57 UTC 2011

On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 20:45:36 +1000, "John Walsh" <fiftyfour at waldevin.com> wrote:
> Thank you and the rest of the team for all your hard work both in developing
> and promoting the FBX in Banja Luka.

Thank you!

> I looked at Buddycloud's website and was surprised to learn that they hope
> to release "next February". That's 7 months away. Why is the project
> evaluating software that's still in development when there are more *mature*
> social networking applications such as Friendika, Elgg, Jappix etc around?

If folks who know and like these applications want to provide "recipes"
for installing and configuring any or all of them in our wiki, that'd be
great!

However, note that the objectives, chosen technologies (programming
languages, protocols supported, infrastructure required, etc), level of
current functionality, and maturity are all over the map.  Clearly, the
software for distributed social networking is a moving target, and no
matter which app or apps we choose to focus on, there will likely be
some amount of work required.

Bdale