[Freedombox-discuss] Chaos Communication Camp 2011: A modern manifest of cyberspace

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Wed Aug 10 06:12:49 UTC 2011

morning, the camps starts in 2 hours......

i  cant attend, but i was looking for the streaming page and thats all
i found ?

http://events.ccc.de/camp/2011/wiki/Streams

thanks

Marc

On Jul 22, 2011, at 7:31 AM, Mark Roest wrote:

> I have a suggestion. Check out WorldVistA.org's Hardhats page, and
> look for the history of the Vista Electronic Health Record (VistA
> EHR). In the history, look at the study of why health informatics
> did not work, conducted by the NIH, and then at the course of the
> meeting convened by a leader of that study, of creative types he
> found on a nationwide tour of the VA hospital system. They used his
> model, and they divvied up the work and went off to do it -- while
> under assault by the centralized computer systems authority in the
> VA. A year and a half later it went live.
>
> The analogy is that if the people who go there, and anyone who can
> be patched in during the proceedings, choose what they will take
> responsibility for, and put the list(s) / diagram(s) out for the
> rest of the world to see, then others can pick up the unsupported
> tasks and do them in decentralized, asynchronous fashion. Simply
> stretch out and virtualize the selection and commitment to the rest
> of the world.
>
> Beyond that, if the nature of the work to be done, and the decisions
> to be made, can be communicated to the world ahead of time, then the
> conference can go forward with input on what is wanted and needed
> from other points of view, and probably also with commitments to do
> work, which can increase the flexibility accorded those who attend
> even more -- e.g. to spot opportunities for enhancement beyond the
> basic plan.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark Roest
>
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 9:36 PM, Dmitri DB <dmitridb at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not really sure how. I have no way of making it to Germany to
> attend, and I'd like to see what this talk is all about. The object is
> as stated:
>
> "But most of all, this talk will argue that the time is here to join
> loose initiatives and localized grass-roots telecommunication efforts
> to implement a world-wide and independent communications network. This
> talk will explore possibilities, challenges and perhaps the need to
> unlearn the familiar and adapt to a new era of a truly decentralized
> infrastructure without traditional hubs of power and controlling
> agencies."
>
> What does a decently disseminated recording do to get in the way of
> that?
>
> - Dmitri DB
>
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Melvin Carvalho
> <melvincarvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 21 July 2011 17:53, Dmitri DB <dmitridb at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Here's to hoping someone makes a decent recording of this :)
> >
> > Doesn't that kind of defeat the object? :)
> >

> >> - Dmitri DB

--  Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
50823 Köln - Germany
Tel.:0049-221-29891489
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231