[Freedombox-discuss] Freedom databases >>> Hosting

ya knygar knygar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 12:58:57 UTC 2011

> We can overcome this by paying our users-as-micro-investors
> with the Product itself (in this case 'connectivity') and will never
> even need to sell the Product (since the users are the owners
> already), causing Profit to be undefined and Price to equal Cost

Hello Patrick,
i'll re-post
http://imputedproduction.blog.com/

I think it is very realistic possibility, Internet is acting with this
already (i mean almost free in most places, +Ads sometimes)
and the problem were in affordable hardware and absence of FLOSS
systems for such a networking on outer level (i mean - soft for outer level
of use, not that inside the Internet)
, but these problems are almost solved now.

All may depend on concrete laws of certain countries,
i think the upcoming 802.11s - http://open80211s.org/
is a first big(global) step into that direction and it
would brought upfront - the points of concrete constrains.

I have an increasing feeling that there are standards and
communities with which FBX Foundation should work productively
to be globally successful,
i feel that the current FBX "community" with its closed TAC community
at the top
isn't going to work and doesn't "sexy" for other communities
and developers.

To be honest - i think the one and only strength of FBX is that it has
started to gather some public people, professors, gurus,
by that - becoming a !real public initiative.

But - idea of closed TAC that makes !decisions
(think of it, we all make the Technical Advices, but it end in kind of
propositions,
instead of transparent voting)
  isn't attractive at all for such a !public initiative (not a project),

i think it is a big fail and a Wall for standing in front of project,
closing it for a !wide Network Freedom movement.

I see the only one community - Mozilla - that acting the same,
but it is unique and Mozilla - given that their project was easier
and smaller(IMO) has required a corporations and investors back up
with !millions to make only the !software and !keep alive!.
I'll repeat - the millions, now - tens of millions.

"Apple (46,000 employees), Google (26,000 employees) and Microsoft
(89,000 employees),
 we’re a tiny penniless rag-tag group. I think we broke 400 employees
this year!"
https://autonome.wordpress.com/2011/05/29/barcamp-chiang-mai-or-communicating-mozilla/

That what is needed, at least, to compete globally !now, with a kind
of authoritarian community.

Now - mix it into the uprising scale of a needs for a
Freedom-providing devices, computers.
Watch at the work of related communities, try to combine.

I see that it is not possible to continue advance globally with a type
of organization FBX Foundation
have ATM.