[Freedombox-discuss] CCC Meeting Notes

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Tue Aug 30 14:11:11 UTC 2011

On Aug 30, 2011, at 3:27 PM, Felipe Sanches wrote:

> > 3) Free Drivers (wifi and bluetooth drivers are closed)
> >
> >     a)Argue with Marvell
> >     b)Reverse Engineer
>
> If I understand your concern correctly, then I disagree that ALL Wifi
> and bluetooth drivers are closed-source.

hello felipe, all

I remember  http://madwifi-project.org/wiki  a few years ago, whitch
was initiated from a german guy because of the issues with proprietary
wifi  drivers. From my understanding and correct me if i am wrong ,
this problem consists because you could affect  a lot of frequencies
whitch  arent
allowed for public use.

http://www.ric.edu/faculty/jschaefer/CS437/speccht.jpg

greetings

Marc

--  Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
50823 Köln - Germany
Tel.:0049-221-29891489
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231