[Freedombox-discuss] The freedombox grid

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Wed Aug 31 11:58:12 UTC 2011

On Aug 31, 2011, at 12:49 PM, Stelian Iancu wrote:

> On 31.08.2011 01:35, Marc Manthey wrote:
>> hi cyber citizens,
>>
>> if we build a lets call it a "freedombox grid" with our OWN DNS ,
>> wherever its centralised or not, we have distribiuted storage, we
>> have
>> decentralised communication, we have an ipv6 enabled "meshed
>> network" ,
>> where freedom boxes can communicate to each others like in the
>> beginning
>> of the internet, would nt it be a great idea to enable multicast
>> again ?
>> , Its IMHO the most efficient and smartest way to deliver content .
>>
>> Panel on Using AMT Multicast for Resilient, Scalable Content Delivery
>>

>>> http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog52/abstracts.php?pt=MTc5OSZuYW5vZzUy&nm=nanog52
>>>

> This sounds like a very good idea. I was just wondering the other
> day about this possibility. I would be interested, however, to
> extend the context to mobile devices.
>
> Any idea if such a thing would work on mobiles as well (at a
> conceptual level first)?
>
> Is there anybody else interested to see such a concept extended to
> our mobile devices?

yeah, at least it could be OPTIONAL , in case a freedombox is not
behind a router whitch does not support multicast, there are tunneling
tools
around aswell , imagine  http://unfix.org/projects/radio/  or http://www.accessgrid.org
   or something similar ....... :)

cu

Marc

> Thanks,
> S.

--  Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
50823 Köln - Germany
Tel.:0049-221-29891489
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231