[Freedombox-discuss] The freedombox grid

ya knygar knygar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:15:19 UTC 2011

> Is there anybody else interested to see such a concept extended to our mobile devices?
if you are talking on something like personal TV broadcast --
sure, there are many people who want to run their own IPTV channel but
there are increasingly an attempt to validate it all under the
considerably large fee.

It looks like validating your Internet server under the Control--Fee.
That isn't like Internet lives,
isn't it?

Though, It all relates with Censorship topic i'v started some time ago here,
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2011-July/002062.html
There should be a proposition that civil society would truly benefit from.
Not just for scary DarkNet broadcasters. You all might have seen
Johnny Mnemonic movie:)

I don't know about the "AMT" - you'v mentioned, if it aims to be
http://www.defectivebydesign.org/ or just help the distributed streaming
(oh, well, i'v seen F being mentioned in, so, probably, the 1st variant among
other)

What i know for sure is that -- WebRTC.org is in scope of interest.
And the work is being done there, to which we should contribute
if we move to the secure decentralized broadcasting, conferencing etc.,
video and other telepresence for mobiles among other.

As an W3C AR CG we are working as hard as the time and resources
we have for the WebRTC, among other, to be a best of breed
media communications standard from the start.
If security etc. gurus that watching and working here would contribute,
 we all might benefit.

PS: there are the need for documenting all of this projects etc.
in one place, if Debian Wiki isn't the best place, i see the
http://www.freenetworkmovement.org/ as a more appropriate
place.
It isn't nice place(in terms of usability) now - as for me,
but i don't see why it wouldn't change with our help.
 If you know better places, please suggest.