[Freedombox-discuss] keyserver spam

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Thu Dec 22 09:44:48 UTC 2011

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 11:00:27 +1100, "John Walsh" <fiftyfour at waldevin.com> wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> Geez. Just when I get PGP Certificates and the Web of Trust, I discover it's
> susceptible to spammers 8(

I'd imagine that if this were to happen it wouldn't take long for
someone to come up with something that could look for bundles of keys
that were neither connected to the strong set, nor to other keys that
had been in the servers for some decent amount of time, and simply
discard them -- although that would be upsetting for new, solitary users
of course, it would give people a reason to track down exising users and
buy them a beer, which has to be a good thing :-)

Cheers, Phil.